Monday, December 12, 2011

Centaurs Today

It is fascinating to me that the reputation of centaurs has changed so much over time. Initially, the myths involving centaurs talked of how looked down upon they were. They were known to be nothing to rowdy and drunk all the time. However, it seems that they have taken on a whole new persona today. Remember that old spice commercial from my first post? How did centaurs go from being such an ugly nuisance to society to being a modern day masculine sex symbol? Here's another example:


It's also interesting to me how centaurs have become so "cool" in today's society. I came upon this video clip of a child's centaur halloween costume. The comments on youtube as well as the reactions in the actual video showed me just how respected these once hated characters have become.



No comments:

Post a Comment